Thursday, November 15, 2007

The day before course end

I decided to take a break at 2 pm. Jeff, Steve and Diana are safely in Nassau, Bahamas by now. Hopefully they make it to Georgetown this evening. There is some weather heading their way and hopefully it will be over by course start.
Luiz and I picked up a van which Vanessa drove down. 10 action packers full to the brim from the food huts in N.C. I don't know who packed the van but they did an impeccable job. There was even a full mummy of sleeping bags wedged into the passenger seat. I didn't feel lonely while driving it to the Everglades from Miami. I am sure Vanessa loved having an extra friend along for the ride. But really back to the packing of the van. It was amazing how much was in that vehicle and you could still see out one back window and the use the mirrors. AMAZING. Thanks to all involved with getting this load down to us. It is great to be able to use all this food and not have to buy more. I am set for Pine School!!!
The day is a perfect everglades day. It is hot and sunny, low humidity and a light but sustained wind that is strong enough to blow the bugs away. I am going to have to take my lunch on the dock. I am going to try to add a video to this post. We shall see how it works. I just want to share this perfect day I hope you see a little friend at the end.
cheers!

2 comments:

MR said...

Anne Lovett,
This is a big hug.
From New Jersey.
To you.
MR

Anonymous said...

Oh Anne Lovett! How I love to read your blogs. I can smell the oyster reefs and brownies all the way from this library in Las Vegas.